Troop OR-1531’s Worthy Derby is fast approaching, February 25th, 6:30, at the St. Joseph’s Gym.
Here are the official rules:
- Width shall not exceed 2-1/4 inches.
- Length shall not exceed 7 inches.
- Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces.
- Axles, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in the kit.
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
- No lubricating oil may be used. Axles may be lubricated with powdered graphite or silicone.
- The car shall not ride on any kind of spring.
- The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices
- No loose materials of any kind are allowed in the car.
- The car must have been made during the current year
Foxes and Hawks are required to do all of the decorating of their car. Mountain Lions are required to to all of the decorating and sanding of their car. Navigators are required to complete their entire car (decorating, sanding, wheels, et.c) with the exception of the use of power tools. Of course, parents are encouraged to sit beside their trailman and offer advice and encouragement.