Program emphases are “big ideas” that run through our program because our movement
considers them indispensable to helping boys become great Christian men.
- Wisdom – The skill of putting knowledge to proper use. Facts are like tools—they do their best work in the hands of a master craftsman.
- Teamwork – The way people working together can to do more than working alone.
- Heritage – The parts of present opportunities and future goals that were made in the past. Americans have a rich heritage built with courage and curiosity, sacrifice and spirituality.
- Leadership – Giving the gift of guidance to others. True leadership begins when the arrogance of power gives way to a sense of responsibility.
- Character – The four selves: self-respect, self-control, self-reliance, and self-worth. They are the four poles of the tent—let one fall and the tent sags, let two fall and the tent collapses.
- Faith – Belief in God that provides the inner strength and confidence that leads to righteous actions based on biblical truth, regardless of temptations or circumstances.